The Delhi Metro’s latest update will be both more efficient as well as cost effective. Here are all the features of the upgrade:
How are they better
- MORE CAPACITY 60 additional passengers to be accommodated once driver’s cabin is removed
- FASTER 10% increase in speed
- ENERGY EFFICIENT 20% lower energy consumption
- WIDER COACHES 3.2m wide coaches against the existing 2.9m
- MORE SPACE Equipment placed beneath the seats to release additional space (2.0 sqm) for 12 more passengers
- STAY CONNECTED Wi-Fi facility
- DIGITAL ROUTE MAP – 37 inch LED type, fully programmable with dynamic change of split screens. Also LCD screens with videos, graphics, animations, real-time video streaming
- BREATHE BETTER Improved air circulation
- MORE POWER TO YOU Charging points + USB port facility
- CONVENIENCE Lumbar support, backrest near wheelchair area, with redesigned grab rail/pole layout
- BETTER DESIGN Improved floor design with high density ceramic wool insulation
- QUIETER Wheels with noise dampers
14 trains have been inducted and 4 trains will start running every month, as Delhi will join the likes of Copenhagen, Rome, Paris and Dubai, which already have driver-less metros.
Please let us know how do you find this article and what do you think about the website. If you have anything else with respect to the post/article or anything that you want us to publish it on the website please share your story, post, article with us and we will publish it on the website with your name.